As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
In the past, people used to ski with sunglasses on clear days and used ski goggles and masks on snowy and windy days. That’s why the ski goggles became known as storm glasses. This stopped a few decades ago when the ski goggles got reshaped. They were “upgraded” with some impressive tech features, such as ultraviolet filter and light-transmitting control. They also became available in a wide variety of models, from traditional glasses to masks.
With so many different models and features, it’s hard to choose which ski goggles to choose. Do you want glasses or a mask? Which should the percentage of the light transmitted be? So many questions that need to be answered, it’s really hard to find the best mode for you.
To help you out with that, we’ve written this buying guide. In it, you’ll find the best ski goggles on the market along with everything you should know about this product. Plus, we’ve included how you can choose the right model for you. So, let’s read on!Invalid table id.
The Most Important Things in a Nutshell
- Due to the high altitudes and the sun’s reflection on the snow, our eyes are very exposed to ultraviolet rays. This can damage our eyes, cause irritation, and reduce our vision if we don’t protect our eyes. That’s why we need to use ski goggles when skiing and snowboarding.
- No wearing ski glasses doesn’t only damage our eyes and vision. It may also lead to temporary loss of vision, commonly called “skier blindness”.
- There are numerous factors to consider before purchasing a pair of ski goggles. Glasses are essential since they help us prevent possible eye injuries. That’s why choosing the right model for you is of great importance.
10 Best Ski Goggles on the Market: Our Selection
Finding the right pair of ski goggles can be a real quest as there are numerous models available on the market. To help you out with that, below, we show you the most popular models based on their features and efficiency. Check them and their features out to compare and see which model best suits your needs and preferences. And, no matter if you are a male or a female, you will find a model you like at a supper-affordable price.
- High Performance Anti-fog & UV Protection - Ski & snowboard goggles with unique anti-fogging treatment and 100% UV400 protection coating.
- Magnetic Lens Technology - 8 magnets hold the lens tight and easy to be replaced for different terrains and light conditions when skiing and snowboarding.
- Spherical View and Smooth Venting - 180+ degree panoramic view design for super clear vision and less visual interference. Optimized vent channels enhance air-flow and reduce fogging.
- More Safety and Solid - Ruggedized lens with ZIONOR special EDT (Enhanced Durability Tech) for better impact-resistance and protect skier and snowboarder.
- Customer Oriented Service - All ZIONOR snow goggles are designed for both men and women, we provide swift response customer service if there is anything you need.
- FLEXIBLE & INDESTRUCTIBLE FRAME: Our snowboard goggles are made of a flexible and nearly indestructible TPU frame with a triple-layer high-density soft face foam for an all-around comfort fit.
- SCRATCH & FOG RESISTANT LENS: Our dual-layer lens ski goggles are made with an anti-fog, anti-scratch coating and offer 100% UV400 protection to prevent vision distortion while on the mountain.
- OVER THE GLASSESS DESIGN: Suitable for all ages our goggles were also designed to fit over glasses so you'll never be without sight while enjoying the slopes.
- INTERCHANGEABLE LENS & DETACHABLE STRAP: Our ski goggles are designed with magnets and an integrated clip locking system to allow a quick lens swap for customized and optimal performance in almost any light condition. Additional snow goggle lenses are available for separate purchase.
- LEADING VENTILATION SYSTEM: The face foam uses resilient and moisture-wicking material to provide a goggle-to-face fit that seals out the elements while creating a comfortable goggle you can wear all day.
- PERFOREMANCE SKI GOGGLES - The spherical lens is loaded with features to offer superb and distortion-free visual clarity. The lens material ensures 100% UV400 protection. Not only prevents the harmful light and glare, but also anti-scractch and impact-resistant.
- ANTI-FOG AND CRISP VISION - Snow goggles lens is applied with a hydrophilic coating, plus we build our lenses with a double layer system, creating a thermal layer to minimize fogging. The frame is designed with a 4-directional venting system, providing fog-free clarity and comfort.
- STRONG DURABLE AND COMFORTABLE - Snowboard goggles with strong and flexible TPU frame. Adjustable non-slip & elastic strap, You can loose or tighten the band to adjust the size, compatible with helmet.
- ABOUT FIT AND LENS OPTION - Medium size fits most adults and teenagers. Please refer to VLT to choose the snow goggle that works best for your purpose: higher VLT value for dark condition while lower VLT for sunny days.
- WHAT YOU GET - A pair of ALTA snow goggles, a microfiber pouch, our friendly customer services.
- PACKAGE OF 2 SKI GOGGLES: You will get 2 pairs of premium ski goggles with different lens, It will protect your eyes and look so cool when you wear it to play outdoor sports such as skiing, snowboarding, snowmobile, skate, jet ski, climbing, motorcycle and bicycle
- DROP & SHATTER RESISTANCE & CLEAR VISION: These snow goggles frames are made of high quality silicone material, the lenses are made of high strength and toughness and good optical transparency aeronautical PC material, never be worried if it is dropped or hit fiercely, and you will get a clear vision with it
- FUNTIONAL IN VARIOUS CONDITIONS: Perfect to use them when you are stepping on your skis or snowboard, skiing, skating, climbing, riding on your motorcycle/mountain bike, skydiving, bungee jumping, playing shooting games, doing an experiment in a lab, working in a construction site or having a snowball fight. Get rid of the fear of wind, dust, cold air, snow, sunshine and harmful lights
- FIT ALL PEOPLE(WOMEN MEN KIDS GIRLS BOYS): They are made by scientific design with adjustable strap and flexible silicone frame so they can fit all women men kids girls boys that are over 10 years old, it is also comfortable, enjoy it with your friends or family please
- WIND/DUST/UV400 PROTECTION PC LENSES: As the lenses are made of high quality aeronautical PC material with wind/dust proof and UV 400 protection features, and there is thick foam on the inside of ski glasses frame so no gap between eyes and goggles, it means that you eyes will get 360 degrees protection by this ski goggles from glare/bright light, strong wind, dust and UV 400
- CHANGE YOUR LENS IN UNDER 60 SECONDS: Our ski goggles are designed with a six rare earth N45 magnet and an integrated clip locking system to allow a quick lens swap for customized and optimal performance in almost any light condition. The interchangeable Roca snowboard goggles offer 7 different Aurora lens options in a wide range of colors and tints for all-day use. Additional snow goggle lenses are available for separate purchase.
- EFFORTLESS PERFORMANCE / UNLIMITED STYLE: The semi-frameless snowboarding goggles for men and women were meticulously designed in Utah, home of the greatest snow on earth. Our ski goggles offer unparalleled performance, versatility, comfort, and style for all levels of skiers. Select the Junior size to check out our kids ski goggles options.
- AURORA LENS TECHNOLOGY: Don’t worry about ruining your trip with sub-par snow goggle lenses. All Roca skiing goggles come with our proprietary aurora lens technology gives you maximum visibility while on the slopes. The 100% UV protection wide view panoramic spherical dual-lens design with anti-fog and anti-scratch coatings allows for an undistorted view of your terrain.
- DON’T LOSE YOUR LENS: Designed to handle whatever the mountain brings you our snow sports goggles feature a specially designed easy side-clip locking system. This system is designed to hold the lens in place even in the event of a gnarly crash. Designed as both mens ski goggles and womens ski goggles our lenses are great for style and performance skiing.
- DURABLE PERFORMANCE MATERIALS: The Roca adult and kids ski goggles are made from a durable Thermoplastic Urethane Polymer material with a soft touch anti-slip coating. For maximum comfort, we used only the highest grade triple layer foam to keep you on the slopes from sunup to sundown. Made from a shatterproof ultra strong poly-carbonate material these ski goggles will hold up under the most extreme conditions.
- P80+ Anti Fog disperses water molecules across the surface of the inner lens, restricting moisture build up that can impede a clear view
- Carbo-Glas provides a protective armor to help prevent scratches keeping your lenses clear
- Double Layer Face Foam is a medium foam that backs up a soft micro-fleece face layer
- Flow-Tech venting is an engineered venting system in each frame that promotes directional airflow inside the surface of the lens reducing moisture
- Fits medium
- PROFESSIONAL VENTILATION- Designed to reduce fogging and optimizes the flowing air over the inside of the lens. ski goggles provide smooth air-flow system which brings fresh air and exhaust moisture quickly and effectively.
- HELMET COMPATIBLE ADJUSTABLE STRAP- The extra long elastic strap for any helmet compatibility.It makes these the perfect goggles suitable for both men, women & youth. Padded with an adjustable strap, these goggles are also suited for most ages and head sizes.
- FULL PROTECTION FOR EYES– All JULI lenses block 100% harmful UVA/UVB rays, so you can spend all day on the slopes without worrying about the harmful effects of the sun or compromised visibility.
- COLOR OPTIONS FOR EVERYONE- Available in a variety of different styles and colors, these are the perfect goggles not only for skiing & snowboarding, but also works great for All-Terrain Vehicle(ATV) snowmobile and snocross,gliding,skating.
- LIFE-TIME GURANTEE- All JULI customers enjoy life time guarantee. Customers can return and get refunded in case the purchasing is not satisfactory for any reason. You have no risk to try.
- ❤【Two Seconds Quick-Changing Lens】 10 pairs strong magnets around the ski goggles frame which are stable and firm. Easy and fast lens switching. Changing lens can be cool and easy. No more struggling to get the lens swapped for different light conditions during skiing and snowboarding.
- ❤【Dual Layer Lenses】 Cool mirror coating reflective ski goggles lens from Italy with pro long-lasting anti fog materials, dual layer Revo lenses offer you 100% UV protection and protect your eyes from strong light. Great optical clarity large spherical lens with frameless design provides a truly unobstructed & clear view.
- ❤【OTG And Helmet Compatible】 OTG (Over the glasses) - OTG design allows you wear your glasses under these ski goggles . Fit your glasses up to 5.7inch wide ,1.65inch tall. Universal helmet compatibility - extra long and wide high density elastic strap. Compatible with any helmets. Silicone anti-slip strips on the back make sure your ski goggles stay in place.
- ❤【High Quality and Tech Combo】 Premium TPU frame. Triple-layer high density , soft sponge makes it comfortable to wear. Revo mirror coated lenses with two layers inner lenses thus CPAC pro anti-fogging coating. Smart optimized venting system enhance air-flow and reduce fogging.
- ❤【Various Lenses Choices】 We also sell different ski goggles lenses for different light conditions, if you want to ski from day to night, it's better that you got two lenses to switch. Ski goggles with 30 days money back guarantee. 1 year warranty. 100% satisfaction guarantee. Professional and fast-response customer service (within 24 hours).
- Flexible O Matter chassis with rigid strap anchor plates for support and comfort of balanced pressure
- All-day comfort of triple-layer face foam with moisture-wicking fleece lining
- UV protection of Platonize lens material that filters out 100% of UVA, UVB and UVC
- Not Matte Black. It may look like Matte Black goggles in different light intensity , but in fact it is not Matte Black. Thanks for your understanding.**【OTG (Over The Glasses) Design】: Flexible urethane TPU frame construction provides big inner space for your prescription glasses.
- 【Great Helmet Compatibility】: Adjustable elastic strap ensures great helmet compatibility with all ski & snowboard helmets.
- 【Anti Fog& UV Protection】: The lenses are anti-fog coated and offer 100% UV400 protection.
- 【Spherical Frameless Ventilated Dual Lenses】: Design of spherical frameless lenses provide you with an ultra clear wide view. The dual lenses with ventilation system and anti-fog treatment can enhance the air-flow and reduce fogging while keep your eyes in warm condition.
- 【100% SATISFACTION& MONEY BACK GUARANTEE】: Please feel free to contact us whenever you need help with the item. We guarantee 30 days return and money back, 1 year warranty and lifetime customer service.
Buying Guide: Everything You Need to Know About Ski Goggles
When buying a product we wear, such as clothes, shoes, or accessories, we usually buy the one that best looks on us. Well, that’s not the case when choosing ski goggles. You shouldn’t base your choice on their aesthetics or current fashion but on their efficiency. The most important thing to look at is if the model has a UV filter and an EU guarantee. If it does, it’s great and if not, you should keep looking for a model that comes with these things.
Of course, there are other things you should keep in mind when looking for ski goggles. That’s why, below, we explain everything you need to know about them.
What Are Ski Goggles and What Do They Serve for?
Ski goggles are an indispensable piece of equipment that protects the eyes from the sun reflecting on the snow. As mentioned previously, this can damage our vision and even cause temporary blindness. Moreover, they help us keep our eyes wide open when it’s windy or stormy.
In order to buy a pair of protective ski glasses, you need to look for a model that complies with EU legislation. This legislation requires 100% protection. Unfortunately, 70% of the models on the market don’t comply with this rule. That’s why you need to be very careful about where you buy from and which models you look at. To make sure you buy protective ski goggles, you should look for a model with a CE mark and a label that shows the category of the filter.
What Should the Labels of Ski Goggles Indicate?
Since we already mentioned the label of the ski goggles, let’s take a closer look at it.
You should always read the label before buying a pair of these goggles, as it happens with all products. But, what should the label of ski goggles indicate?
There should be information about the UV filter, the percentage of light transmission, and infrared protection. For a model to be considered optimal, the value of these 3 aspects should be as following:
- 100% UV protection (ultraviolet rays, the most dangerous)
- Visible light protection 75%
- IR (infrared) protection 50%
Which Features Good Ski Goggles Should Have?
Apart from the aesthetic characteristics and comfort, ski goggles must meet certain requirements to correctly protect the sight. Namely, they should have the following characteristics:
|Characteristic||What is it about?|
|Ultraviolet radiation||The CE mark must be on the temples. This means the model is approved by the European Union and has a UV filter). If the glasses are made in the United States, they must have the UV400 badge.|
|Amount of visible light||This refers to how much visible light passes through the lens.
There are 5 categories, with 0 blocking the least light and 5 blocking the most light.
|Polarized lenses||They block the light according to the angle of incidence in the lens.|
|Colored lenses||Colored lenses block some of the visible light and slightly alter the colors. This helps improve the focus of the eyes.|
|Extra features||Some of the extra features found in some models include side protection and double glazing.|
How Much Does a Pair of Ski Goggles Cost?
It is very important to think about your budget before buying a pair of ski goggles. However, you shouldn’t worry much about this at there are models at different prices thanks to their wide variety. Hence, you can find many models of excellent quality at an affordable price. If you search for ski glasses on Amazon, you’ll find models from $14 to (children’s design) to over $235.
What Color Can Lenses Have?
The quality of the lenses is one of the most important factors you should consider when choosing a pair of ski goggles. The best ones are approved by the European Union, have 100% UV protection, and eliminate at least 60% of infrared radiation. In addition, their color must always be adapted to the brightness of the external environment. That’s why there are different shades. To understand the importance of lenses’ color and shade, in the table below, we explain what each shade is used for.
|Clear||Cloudy or low-visibility days.|
|Orange and red||Versatile – they adapt to all conditions|
|Mirror||Good light conditions.|
|Pink||Low light. They make the shadows and contrasts stand out.|
|Transparent||Very little light, even at night.|
|Green and silver||Days with lots of light. They improve contrast.|
|Yellow, amber, golden, and red||Moderate light.|
|Photochromic lenses||Any type of climatic conditions.|
How Do You Wear Ski Goggles?
The glasses should be airtight so that they completely cover the eyes. Those that attach themselves to the face with padding are undoubtedly a good choice. When it comes to the elastic that supports them, it should be comfortable and allow you to place the goggles over your helmet.
Apart from their position, the goggles must have a ventilation system. This system regulates your temperature and prevents the lenses from fogging during skiing. And, if you wear prescription lenses, it’s best to use contact lenses and wear ski goggles. But, you can also choose double-lens glasses, with the internal one being adjustable.
What Types of Ski Goggles Are There?
There are different types of ski goggles, from traditional ones that look like sunglasses to larger ones that look like a mask. The latter ones protect most of the face, thus providing greater safety. They are inconvenient for some users but are still the best-selling type.
Regardless of the type, all ski goggles have an elastic locking mechanism. This tape allows the glasses to be worn over the helmet, while perfectly adapting to the face. Of course, they can also be worn directly on the face, by fixing them on the head.
Finding the best ski goggles for you is difficult. There are so many models on the market, each with different characteristics. In order to choose a safe and quality model that best suits your needs and preferences, you should consider the following criteria:
One of the main features to keep in mind before buying a pair of ski goggles is UV protection. Due to the altitude of the mountain, these rays are more powerful and can damage your vision. They can even temporarily blind you.
In addition, as already mentioned, the lenses can be in different colors. This has nothing to do with fashion but with their features. Namely, each color and shade is used in different climates you may encounter while skiing. That’s why it’s a good idea to buy glasses with interchangeable lenses.
The lenses of ski goggles are fundamental. Some manufacturers design them with different layers and high technology to prevent their fogging. When it comes to the materials of the goggles, it’s best to choose a polycarbonate model as they won’t hurt you in case of a fall.
Ski goggles come in various designs. Some of them look like eyeglasses and have a structure suitable for that purpose. Others look like masks and cover most of your face. Besides, they come in a large variety of colors, so you can choose the one that reflects your personality. Finally, some glasses have a double layer lens structure. They are suitable for people who wear prescription lenses and don’t want to wear contact lenses.
Some glasses have an intelligent ventilation system, which prevents them from fogging. Others have a small built-in fan and two batteries. Having a good ventilation system is important in skiing. It allows you to see clearly and get air in that area. It’s even more important on stormy days as it prevents the goggles from fogging up
The lenses of ski goggles are what makes this product effective. It’s because they prevent the sunlight reflected on the snow to get to the eyes and damage the retina. They come in different colors and shades so that they can be used in different situations. Some lenses offer spherical vision due to not having rims that obstruct the field of vision. That’s why you need to analyze the goggles very carefully before purchasing a model.
When it comes to the weight of the ski goggles, the lighter they are, the better. You should opt for those that weigh between 5.29 and 6 ounces. These models are very comfortable even when you wear them for several hours. Actually, it’s difficult to find heavier models than these even if you want.
Ski goggles have a special strap to adjust them so they can be worn with a ski helmet or a hat. Some models have silicone support to maintain their stability. To ensure they stay fixed to the face with the right pressure, it’s important that the strap has an adjustment system.
Some models of ski glasses are of the OTG (Over The Glasses) style. They have a deeper frame so that you can wear eyeglasses below. If you don’t believe in this, check it out with an optical adapter. It’s the colorless plastic insert that supports prescription lenses and fits from inside the glasses.
There are also augmented reality ski goggles. They are called RideOn. They incorporate all the protective elements such as polycarbonate lenses, plus an HD camera. The camera allows you to see, photograph, and record the surroundings from a very subjective point of view.
There’s nothing more important than staying protected while practicing your favorite sport. This is especially true when practicing extreme sports like skiing or snowboarding. It’s because, in these sports, the sunlight reflects in the snow and gets in our eyes. And, that not only prevents us from seeing well but can also damage our eyes and vision. That’s why you always need to wear a pair of ski goggles.
They come in different designs and with different features. You can choose between those that look like glasses and those that cover your face like a mask. You can also choose the color of the lenses based on your needs and the weather conditions when you ski. No matter which goggles you choose, you should always make sure they follow the EU legislation and have the mark on them.
After all, ski goggles are as important as any other safety accessory. Thanks to them, you will be protected from the UV rays but also from other weather conditions that may interfere with your vision while skiing.
Did you like the article?
Please, leave a comment and share it with your friends.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.