As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Pit bulls are notorious for their wild and often aggressive behavior. We would say that they aren’t the bad guys, rather energetic, intelligent, and easily bored in lack of fun and games. Therefore, if you have a pit bull at home, you need to make sure it has enough space to roam and play as well as enough toys to keep them entertained. And, by toys, we refer to the specially designed unbreakable toys for pit bulls. They are the only way your dog to have fun for long.
Indeed, there are special toys for the lively pit bulls that can resist their energy, playfulness, and chewing. If you’re not sure which they are or where to find them, here, you will find the best shatter-proof toys for pit bulls. Let’s check them out!
10 Best Unbreakable Toys for Pit BullsInvalid table id.
Why Do Pit Bulls Need Resistant Toys?
The first thing that pops into your head when reading that pit bulls need special toys is most probably WHY? It’s because they are very lively, strong, and love chewing their toys really hard. Applying such a pressure on a toy leads to its quick wearing out and eventually destruction. That’s why you need to buy strong and resistant toys. These toys are made of strong and durable materials. They are resistant to the activities pit bulls undertake when playing with them, including chewing them.
Unresistant toys will wear out and get destroyed in a short time. This means, your dog will have no toys to play with, which leads to their boredom. And, you know what happens when a pit bull gets bored – it makes a mess. You don’t want that to happen to yo, right?
Apart from getting bored, easy-to-break toys can harm your pit bull if it’s a puppy. It’s because they break into many small pieces that pups can ingest unintentionally. Those pieces can:
- Poison your pitbull puppy due to the toxins in the plastic and the paint.
- Block their digestive system.
- Cause internal bleeding.
Why Do Pit Bulls Easily Destroy Toys?
The reason why pit bulls easily destroy regular unresistant dog toys is because of their chewing power. Their strong chewing is a result of the combination of their jaw’s anatomy and their will power.
Namely, this breed has one of the strongest and widest jaws among dogs. Due to their big and muscular head, they apply big pressure when biting. As a result, they can bite through most materials.
When it comes to their will power, we can say that pit bulls are one of the most stubborn dogs that never give up until they achieve what they’ve planned. In this case, that’s chewing the toy.
What Should You Consider When Looking for Unbreakable Toys for Pit Bulls?
Not all dog toys are equal. Some are made of lower quality materials that are easy to chew. Others are made of higher quality, stronger materials that are resistant to the pit bull’s bite. But, how to find a toy your pitbull won’t tear apart quickly?
To find the best dog toys for your pitbull, you should consider the following things:
The toys have to be made of strong material, like rubber. However, you should keep in mind that some rubber toys are stronger than others. Hence, you need to look for toys made in one piece and without any visible seam. Moreover, the rubber needs to be thick, yet pleasant for chewing. When it comes to the ropes they play with, you have to make sure they are of good quality and that the fibers don’t come out easily.
Dog toys for pit bulls should never have small parts and accessories that can be detached. They can easily come loose and fall off, which can lead to your dog swallowing them. This will cause some unwanted health issues, such as chocking, digestive issues, internal bleeding, and the other issues mentioned previously. So, no soft toys, toys with eyes, or toys with a squeaker inside. Instead, you should go for toys with a simple, one-piece design, without any additions that can come off by chewing.
Of course, you should never forget your dog’s safety. By this, we don’t refer to their safety in terms of chocking with small parts, rather the safety of the toys. In other words, you should buy toys that have passed safety standards. This means you should buy toys made of non-toxic materials and paints, FDA-approved, and made in the USA.
Review of the 10 Best Unbreakable Toys for Pit Bulls
When we think of indestructible dog toys, we can’t but think of the Kong Extreme Dog Toy. Made of ultra-strong black rubber, this toy is strong enough to resist the put bulls’ chewing pressure.
- Strong and durable.
- Available in different sizes.
- Made of rubber.
- Isn’t as bouncy as it could be.
- Instinctual Needs: The KONG Extreme black rubber toy helps satisfy dogs' instinctual needs and provides mental stimulation. Healthy play is important for dogs' physical and mental development, emotions and behavior. By encouraging healthy play and satisfying instinctual needs, this treat dispensing puzzle toy helps solve chewing, separation anxiety, teething, boredom, weight management, crate training, digging and barking.
- Fetch Toy: The KONG Extreme's unpredictable bounce makes for exciting games of fetch and other interactive play with your pet. This rubber toy is specifically designed for super power chewers and can help them get the exercise they need.
- Great For Stuffing: The stuffable KONG Extreme is even more enticing when treat filled with bits of kibble, peanut butter, KONG Easy Treat, Snacks or Ziggies. Dishwasher safe for easy clean up. Bonus: For an added challenge, freeze stuffed KONG for 4-6 hours before giving to your dog.
- Vet Recommended: Veterinarians and trainers worldwide recommend the KONG Extreme as one of the best durable dog toys available.
- Made in the USA. Globally Sourced Materials.
Balls are one of the most loved toys by dogs, including pit bulls. This ball coming from West Paw Design is durable and fun to play with. It has a ball-like design (not ball-shaped) and bright colors. It’s very strong, even for aggressive chewers, non-toxic, and perfect for a chase-and-retrieve game.
- Very fun to play with.
- Interesting design.
- Bright colors for easy spotting it in the park, yard, or any other outdoor area.
- Treat dispenser.
- Possible hard time adding treats in the toy as the hole is too big for small treats and the chambers too small for big treats.
- DURABLE DOG CHEW TOYS: More durable than a tennis ball, the West Paw Zogoflex Ball Dog Chew Toy is perfect for fetch and features a unique shape for an engaging, erratic bounce.
- SOFT, BOUNCY DOG BALLS FOR INDOOR/OUTDOOR PLAY: Light enough for kids or adults to throw or roll, this floatable dog ball features a high bounce for your furry friend to run, fetch and chase in all terrains.
- DOG BALL TOYS FOR WATER PLAY: Keep your friendly Fido entertained in the pool, lake or river with this dog ball chew toy from West Paw that is squishy and floatable, making it the perfect dog water toy.
- VARIETY OF SIZES FOR DOGS OF ALL LIFE STAGES: Cater to big dogs or small dogs with the various sizes of this dog ball chew toy for fetch, available in XS, S and L. Size small fits in standard dog ball thrower.
- DISHWASHER SAFE DOG TOYS: Easily clean this dog ball chew toy by adding it to the top rack of your dishwasher. This recyclable dog ball toy is Made in USA, FDA-Compliant, latex-free and comes with a manufacturer Love It Guarantee against damage.
If your beloved pit bull minces every ball they play with, here’s a ball they can’t tear to pieces. The Chuckit! Ultra Ball is durable, with a thick rubber core. Still, it’s soft enough for chewing and playing with it.
- Very durable – Some users claim to have it for several years.
- With a thick rubber core.
- A textured surface that can resist even the most aggressive chewers.
- Can bounce and float due to its buoyant and lightweight design.
- Bright colors that keep pit bulls engaged and make the ball easy to spot in outdoor areas.
- The plug comes off after a few months which leads to dogs getting their tongues stuck in the hole as a result of suction.
- May be too small for large dogs with the possibility of chocking.
- Some users report that the color fades away quickly.
- ULTRA BOUNCE BALL: This ball toy for dogs entices play withhigh impact bouncing! Play fetch at the lake or pool thanks to the lightweight, buoyant design. Compatible with Chuckit! ball launcher.
- TOUGH & DURABLE: Rubber ball for dogs has a textured surface & a thick rubber core for aggressive chewers yet is soft on dog's mouths.
- PET TOYS: Get ready for bonding & fun with your dogs & cats! Check out a variety of our pet toy products such as frisbees, perches & mirrors for birds, prey wand toys for cats, plush toys, light-up interactive toys & more.
- CHUCKIT! FETCH TOYS: Chuckit! creates toys that enrich the human-animal bond & bright colors help dogs & puppies stay engaged. Checkout Chuckit! for ball launchers, bouncy balls, frisbees, indoor dog toys, glow toys & more!
- JUST FOR PETS: Petmate makes a variety of pet products for dogs, cats, chickens & other small furry friends! Check out our brands such as Aspen Pet, Arm & Hammer, Booda, Chuckit! , Jackson Galaxy & more!
Here’s another product from West Paw. This chew toy is made for aggressive chewers and has a bone-like design. It can be used for chewing but also as a fetching toy due to its shape. What makes it so great is that it doesn’t lose its features (softness) even after a lot of use and chewing pressure.
- Can be used as a chewing and fetching toy.
- Floats on water (rivers, ponds).
- Comes in fun colors.
- Very durable.
Although it has a 100% guarantee against dog damage, it doesn’t live up to the hype.
- DURABLE DOG BONES FOR AGGRESSIVE CHEWERS: If your pampered pooch is an aggressive chewer, then you’ll love the durable shapeand bouncy, floatable material of the West Paw Zogoflex Hurley Dog Bone Chew Toy.
- DOG BONE FOR WATER OR LAND: This durable dog bone chew toy is floatable and perfect for playing catch or fetch while in the water or on land.
- SAFE ALTERNATIVE TO WOOD STICKS: It’s natural for dogs to want to carry wood sticks around the yard, but this dog bone chew toy is a safer alternative for pups and senior dogs who love to gnaw.
- RECYCLABLE PET TOYS: Not only do these dog bones feature bright colors to easily spot inside or out, each dog chew toy is non-toxic, recyclable and Made in USA.
- DISHWASHER SAFE DOG TOYS: Easily clean this dog bone chew toy for chase and fetch games by adding it to the top rack of your dishwasher. This floatable dog bone comes with a manufacturer 100% guarantee against damage.
If you’re looking for a versatile ball for your pitbull, this one may be the one. You can use it in various ways, as a chewing toy, treat dispenser, and bouncing ball for playing in the park or the yard.
- Great bouncing.
- Fun to play with and keeps your pitbull engaged.
- Hard to clean without a dishwasher.
- Needs a special type of kibble treats or kibble and peanut butter mix.
- TOUGH DOG TOY: This durable bouncing dog toy keeps your dog's biting at bay. This treat dispensing pet toy can hold peanut butter, dog bones & dental treats that keep furry friends happily occupied.
- DURABLE PET TOY: This interactive dog toy for large dogs is made of FDA safe rubber that stands up to biting, teething, & tearing. The rubber ball has an erratic unpredictable bounce that pets will love to chase.
- USE FOR TRAINING: Use this tough dog treat toy for crate training, obedience training & separation anxiety. Stuff the ball with treats for a relaxing snack or freeze for extended leisure. Dishwasher-safe.
- TITAN BOUNCE: Spoil your pet with treat dispensing toys! The erratic bounce is mentally stimulating for dogs & keeps them primed for play especially when alone. Add peanut butter for a tasty treat.
- TITAN PET PRODUCTS: Made in America, our pet toys are made from scratch to ensure optimal pet safety. Our bouncy toys are made from durable FDA safe rubber that withstands aggressive chewing.
Doughnut-shaped dog toys are kind of a must. They are simple, fun, and versatile. Your dog can use it as a chew toy or as a fetching toy. Some dogs even use it as a pillow to sleep on. What makes this toy from Goughnuts so interesting is the materials used. It has an inner core and an outer layer made of rubber. When the inner core starts showing, it means you need to buy a new toy.
- Made of good materials.
- Smart use of colors.
- Dogs love it.
- There are mixed user reviews on its durability and longevity.
- Same Rubber the Astronauts Use - Seriously: Our reinforced natural rubber is designed by engineers that make rubber for spaceships and aircraft. UNIQUE DURABILITY FOR UNIQUE DOGS: We have multiple rubber recipes to better suit all dog types. Please reference the sizing sheet in the images.
- Multiple Sizes Perfectly Fit Your Pooch: We have sizes for every type of dog jaw and chewing intensity. After many years designing chew toys, we found it’s healthiest to use a toy that reduces leverage in the dog’s jaw, by forcing the jaw to stay more open while chewing. Follow our sizing chart in the images! This is the medium size for dogs 30-70 Pounds.
- Save Money and Your Sanity: ruined pillows, couches, or clothes that have been chewed up. No more wasting money on interactive dog toys that break in a week. Save your money with our chew toys that will last a lifetime AND be satisfying and safe for your dog to chew on. Veterinarian recommended.
- For Strong Chewers: This toy is sized for strong chewers 30-70 pounds with our orignal rubber. Floats like an ice cube. Red Safety indicator core indicates if you should remove this power chewing toy from your dog and return to Goughnuts for a replacement
- Most Durable Toy On the Market, Guaranteed: Lifetime Warranty - You’re backed by Amazon’s money back guarantee, and Goughnuts lifetime warranty. Family company, made in the USA
If you’re looking for a flavored nylon bone toy for your pitbull, here’s a product to consider. Nylabone Power Chew Durachew Knot Bone is a strong and durable dog toy made for aggressive chewers. It has a chicken flavor and interesting knotted design.
- Strong and durable.
- Interesting design.
- Has health benefits – its bristles clean the dog’s teeth, thus improving their oral health.
- Heavy – can harm your dog and you if hit with it or if it drops on bare toes.
- Some users report that their dogs aren’t engaged when playing with this toy.
- Long lasting chew toy challenges even the most aggressive chewers
- Tough, durable nylon dog toy keeps powerful chewers busy
- Bristles raised during chewing help clean teeth and control plaque and tartar
- XL chew toy intended for dogs over 50 pounds
- Flavored dog chews contains delicious chicken flavor dogs love
Looking for a dog toy with a unique interesting design? Take a look at the Bebecone chew toy. It has an unusual, bone-resembling shape with a treat dispenser in the middle. It has a chicken, bacon, or peanut flavor and strong scent to make it more appealing to dogs.
- Interesting design.
- Lovely flavor.
- Made of safe, natural materials and real flavors.
- Made in the USA.
- Very durable.
- Not every dog finds it appealing or interesting.
- Some dogs are frustrated by the game.
- MAKES A BULLY STICK MORE FUN – The Pawplexer is a flavorful durable chew that makes bully sticks and other treats more fun. It props the stick at a nice angle for a good chew session, and keeps your stinky bully stick off the carpet.
- DURABLE, LONG-LASTING – Super chewer? Bring it on. Forget the bully stick and just chomp away. Benebones are tougher than real bones and last for weeks.
- REAL BACON! – We flavor the Pawplexer with 100% REAL BACON, because everything tastes better with bacon.
- USA MADE – We make and source everything in the USA
- HAPPINESS, GUARANTEED – Have an issue? Want to chat? Reach out to us directly and you’ll get a real person whose sole job is to make you and your pup happy.
If you’re looking for a toy rope for your pitbull, check out this one. Coming from Mary and Kate Pets, it’s made of 100% cotton and features strong knots along a 24-inch cable. Moreover, it comes with a money-back guarantee in case your dog manages to chew it.
- Fun to play with.
- Great for the process of bonding with your pooch.
- Very strong and durable.
- Comes with a money-back guarantee.
- Mixed user reviews with some owners claiming that their dogs have managed to cut the rope quickly.
- ORIGINAL QUALITY! When buying Mary & Kate Pets toys, rest assured that you and your dog will be 100% satisfied with the product quality as well as excellent customer service!
- MADE STRONG! Designed for big and powerful jaws of large dogs, great for teething puppies; Double rope with easy grip loop for interactive play
- INDESTRUCTIBLE? Of course, there is no such thing as an "INDESTRUCTIBLE" dog toy, if your dog is an EXTREME chewer, BUT we will give you another run! Contact us and send us photos of your dog with the damaged toy within a month from your original purchase and we will send you one free replacement
- MACHINE WASHABLE! Wash this natural cotton rope on a gentle cycle with a mild detergent or no detergent at all; dry on low heat for about 30 minutes or allow to air dry
- PERFECT SIZE FOR A SAFE PLAY! The toy is perfectly sized to make it easy to hold for an interactive play or fetch, while it won't cause any damage when thrown around by your dog
Rope toys are undoubtedly one of the favorite toys of pit bulls. However, many of them tend to shred quickly, leaving a thread behind. If you don’t want this to happen to you, take a look at this rope toy from KILIKI. It’s made for all those big aggressive chewers and it’s practically unbreakable. Its length of 3 ft and 5 knots guarantee the strength and durability of this rope.
- Stronger than the usual rope toys.
- Larger than most top toys.
- Great for playing with your pooch.
- Great for bonding with a new pitbull pup.
- Cleans the dog’s teeth, thus improving their oral health.
- May be too heavy and thick for some dogs.
- Not indestructible.
- May harm the dog and people around when whipping with the rope while playing with it.
- SAFE AND STURDY MATERIAL: You can be 100% reassured that this rope toy is made of tight, multicolored nature washable cotton ropes, perfect for tug, chewing, and shaking. This toy will bring your dogs hours and hours of entertainment and exercise.
- HEAVY DUTY ROPE TOYS FOR LARGE DOG: 3 feet long, 5 knots and 750 gram weight. If your dog is an aggressive chewer, this is the best choice. The toys nearly indestructible, it is stronger and more durable than same type of rope toys.
- GREAT FUN AND HELPS REDUCE ANXIETY IN DOGS: This rope toy will help your pet to forget boredom, it's extra thick and durable, aggressive chewers can get teeth cleaning and won't chew your shoes or furniture when they have this toys! It also great for teething puppies.
- THEY LOVE TUG OF WAR: This rope toy is great for tug-of-war. It's long and thick enough for your dog to pull with you or his friend. Dogs like to do this in most cases, which will keep them healthy and happy. It can also enhance your relationship.
- THE BEST GIFT FOR YOUR DOG: Although it won't squeak, it must be your dog's favorite toy. This rope toy is best for different occasions: From fun indoor activities to outdoor games with your dog. You'll buy it again in a long time.
Ranking of the Best-Selling Unbreakable Toys for Pit Bulls
Those were the best unbreakable toys for pit bulls on the market. However, in order to give you a bigger choice of dog toys, here, we present you with the best-selling products on the market in this category. We hope they help you find the right toy(s) for your beloved pooch.
Things to Avoid When Looking for a Toy for Your Pit Bull
When looking for a toy for your pitbull, you shouldn’t buy toys that:
- Don’t have small parts and detachables – Small parts and detachables can harm your dog as they can easily fall off the toy so your dog may swallow them. This can lead to choking, gastrointestinal issues, and other unwanted results. Therefore, you should go for toys that are made in one piece, without any accessories. To make sure your dog has fun with them, choose toys that allow you to hide food inside. In this way, your pooch will stay safe while having fun playing with their toys.
- Are made in the USA – Products made in the USA follow specific safety standards, such as using non-toxic materials. This guarantees your dog stays safe while playing with the toy. Buying products from China, on the other hand, doesn’t guarantee your dog’s safety and you can’t be sure of the origin of the toy and the materials used to make it.
- Are FDA-approved – The best way to ensure your dog’s safe if by buying toys approved by the FDA.
As you can see, there’s a wide choice of resistant dog toys for your pitbull. They come in different shapes, sizes, and with different features. Some of them go further with their user-friendly features and include a treat dispenser in their design. These are the ultimate toy for pit bulls.
Which toy you choose, depends on what kind of toy you are looking for. Are you looking for a ball that bounces so you can play with your dog? Are you looking for a rope toy? Or maybe you are looking for a versatile toy your dog can use in various ways?
Once you know the answers to these questions, you can start looking for the perfect toy for your pitbull. Of course, you have to keep in mind that the toy must be made of strong and safe materials, made in the USA, FDA-approved, and without small parts and accessories that can easily detach. In this way, you’ll ensure your dog’s safety and find a toy your dog can play with for a long time.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.